An Independent Practice Focused on Prevention, Patient Education and Empowerment
Discover the exceptional opportunities for Nurse Practitioners at one of Canada’s leading healthcare centres
As Nurse Practitioners at Harrison Healthcare, our purpose is to make a positive impact on our client’s physical, mental, and emotional health. We lead child, youth, and young adult care practices and play an integral role in women’s health and adult primary care at Harrison Healthcare. We provide episodic and prevention focused care in a calm, compassionate environment.
As family-centered providers, we are in a unique position to empower health behaviour change and instill lifelong skills and habits in our youngest clients as they grow. We perform minor procedures, provide after hours on-call care and lead travel medicine service.
Mental health assessments are an important part of nurse practitioners’ practice. NPs normalize the discussion of mental wellness with their clients and take steps towards promotion and maintenance of mental health and management of mental illness.
Career Growth and Development
Harrison Healthcare offers Nurse Practitioners the opportunity to grow a thriving clinical practice where they can truly get to know their clients. Enjoy extended visit times that allow you to build rapport, trust, and ultimately a wonderful relationship where you can nurture and support all aspects of your client’s health.
Harrison Healthcare Nurse Practitioners are well positioned to connect with their fellow clinicians in an environment that focuses on collaborative care. Teams are encouraged to share evidence-based information and educate one another with a goal of providing leading edge care to their clients. A respectful, supportive team who empower each other is at the core of the clinical team.
Career growth opportunities within the role of Nurse Practitioner are important to the Harrison leadership team, who empowers and trusts their NPs to pursue professional opportunities including clinical fellowships, conferences, and continued education opportunities in a variety of specialties. Professional development receives both time and financial based support.
As clinical leaders of Harrison’s children and youth programming, Nurse Practitioners are encouraged to drive evidence-based innovations within all programs – a unique opportunity for those looking to influence positive change in the Canadian healthcare landscape.
If you’re a Nurse Practitioner who values making a positive, lasting impact on your clients, we’d like to meet you.
Sign up and Join our NP Mailing list
The Harrison Healthcare team created a series of educational seminars dedicated to Nurse Practitioners and a practice focused on prevention.
To receive copies of these presentations (For NPs, by NPs) and speak with our team on topics such as mental health, children’s healthcare, travel medicine, and working at Harrison, please complete the form and additional details will be sent.
What You'll Do:
- In-office patient care performing well visits, chronic care management, and episodic care.
- Flexible schedules including virtual care appointments to support a balanced lifestyle.
- Collaboration and shared learning meetings with clinical colleagues.
- Use your clinical training and background for client care and to educate fellow clinicians during regular collaboration meetings.
- Conduct a thorough, personalized assessment and a comprehensive physical exam, along with any laboratory investigations and/or diagnostic imaging.
- Formulate diagnoses and establish a management plan that includes both pharmacological and non-pharmacological strategies, as needed.
- Refer, when required, to appropriate clinicians within the Harrison interprofessional clinical team or to specialists and subspecialists in the community.
- Review immunization records and initiate or continue the immunization care plan, participating in administration of vaccines, as required.
- Provide anticipatory guidance on safety, family, behavior, health promotion and risk/harm reduction issues.
- Develop a comprehensive shared client care plan, in collaboration with the interprofessional team, client and/or family, and other healthcare providers.
- Engage in client education and coaching, health promotion and disease/illness prevention with the goal of empowering client/family to take an active role in goal setting and action planning.
Children and Youth Care
- Provide well baby and well child care, using evidence-based health guidelines for primary healthcare practitioners for ages 0 to 18 years.
- Perform developmental and social-emotional screening in children aged 0 to 5 years.
- Conduct a psychosocial interview of adolescents using the SSHADESS screening that is rooted in a strength-based approach and explores emotional well-being and adolescent risk behaviors.
- Recognize and address the unique needs of the young adult population.
Qualifications, Education and Experiences:
- Completion of the MN-NP program, Family Nurse Practitioner designation.
- Current active registration with BCCNM (BC) or CRNA (AB).
- Clinical experience in primary healthcare.
- Experience working with children and youth.
Harrison Healthcare Nurse Practitioners
- Embody our core values of compassion, innovation and excellence and seek out ways to demonstrate these on a day-to-day basis.
- Passionate about creating memorable client interactions and experiences
- Ability to connect and engage with clients
- Excited about delivering personalized care
- Contribute to our team-based culture that honors the need for continuous professional development and personal growth.